The following is an extrapolation of the New rules which are published on the GOV.UK website. The following NEW rules affect the Club. Unless otherwise stated these rules will come into effect 0n Thursday 24 September 2020.
- Businesses selling food or drink (including cafes, bars, pubs and restaurants), social clubs, casinos, bowling alleys, amusement arcades (and other indoor leisure centres or facilities), funfairs, theme parks, adventure parks and activities, and bingo halls, must be closed between 10pm and 5am.
- In licensed premises, food and drink must be ordered from, and served at, a table.
- Customers must eat and drink at a table in any premises selling food and drink to consume indoors, on site (from 24 September).
- Businesses will need to display the official NHS QR code posters so that customers can ‘check-in’ at different premises using this option as an alternative to providing their contact details once the app is rolled out nationally (from 24 September).
- Businesses and organisations will face stricter rules to make their premises COVID Secure (from 28 September):
A wider range of leisure and entertainment venues, services provided in community centres, and close contact services will be subject to the COVID-19 Secure requirements in law and fines of up to £10,000 for repeated breaches.
- Businesses must remind people to wear face coverings where mandated.
Meeting people safely
- Indoor organised sport for over 18s will no longer be exempt from the rule of six.
The government’s expectation is the measures described above will need to remain in place until March 2021.
How is the Club going to interpret these new rules?
Firstly, everyone who enters the club must wear a face mask.
Please use the hand sanitiser on entry.
Log in to the club premises either by using the NHS Track and Trace App which you can download from the App Store or Get it on Google Play. or you can sign the Track and Trace Log as you enter the Club.
There will be Table Service Only.
Once seated please allow our staff to approach you and take your order. Your order will be brought to your table whereupon you will either pay for it or ask for a 'Bar Tab' to be set up in your name.
You are to settle your bill before leaving the premises. 'Carrying Over' your bar balance to another day or session is not allowed.
If you have to leave your table, for whatever reason, you must put on your face mask.
Until further notice, The Club is to be clear of all members and their guests by 10PM each evening. No orders for drinks will be taken after 9:40PM. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
Under these new guidelines Table Tennis England have stated;
"Table tennis sessions, which are formally organised by a club, league or similar organisation, in line with Table Tennis England ready to return guidance, can therefore continue to operate as they have been doing with the continued application of the bubble of six rule."
Other events which would usually happen at the club can continue as usual within the existing rules. So for things like Grumpy Club, Sunday lunchtimes and more structured events such as Quiz Nights, Saturday Coffee mornings and Supper Nights may carry on but with due regard to the rules of Social distancing, hygiene and face coverings.
All events which are planned for evenings must be completed in time such that everyone is clear of the club by 10 PM.